Original Facebook post
Circa 1966. Trading post. Dedication of Old Camp Ground Cemetery (established circa 1820’s) near Sugartown, Louisiana. Beauregard Parish. Written on photo: Erected one mile east of Sugartown, La. On Hwy 112. Established in 1820’s by early Beauregard Parish settlers. This site was originally an Indian camp site. Later the wooded stretch along Sugar Creek became the community’s camp meeting grounds where circuit riding ministers performed weddings, conversions, and funerals. The smallest post office in the U.S. is here.