Original Facebook post
Then and now… Fisher prior to 1914 and Fisher today. When the older photo was taken, the Fisher Commissary only included one building, dated 1900. In 1914, a second building was added. Oxen pulling logs are shown in the older photo. Fisher, Louisiana was a logging town, owned and operated by Louisiana Long Leaf Lumber Company, which owned and operated all the buildings and homes in the village. Fisher incorporated as a Village in the 1970s. Many of the old homes and buildings are still standing